AAP Fireside Chats: LGBTQIA+ edition
In celebration of international pride month, the Asian Australian Project is delighted to present “Fireside Chats: The LGBTQIA+ Edition”, an exploration into the intersectionality of sexuality and culture. Hear from representatives from the LGBTQ+ community as they navigate the intricate topics of:
- Navigating the conversation of sexuality with family in the face of cultural and religious stigma
- The influence of media in their representation of the LGBTQ+ Community
- The role of culture when it comes to dating preferences and relationships
- What resources are available to those starting off on their journey
Join us online for some robust discussion featuring prominent Asian-Australian changemakers and community advocates in this space. Panelists to be revealed. At the end of the session, there will also be a live Q&A.
Get your tickets below:
Please Note: This is purely an open discussion on sexuality and LGBTQIA+ issues if you need any assistance please refer to the support lines below.
If you require Peer Support on topics:
- Qlife — Australia-wide anonymous and free LGBTI peer support for people wanting to talk about sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships. Call 1800 184 527 or webchat 3pm-12am AEST
- Minus 18 — Resources help and guidance for Australia’s LGBTIQ youth.
If you are in urgent need of help please reach out to
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636
- MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
- Headspace on 1800 650 890
This event will be recorded, which may include some audio recording during the Q&A. Please let a member of the AAP team know if you would not like to be recorded.